We’re hiring for a native English-speaking instructor at the Gyeonggi-do Institute for Language Education (GIFLE).
GIFLE is a government supported teacher-training and and professional development institute. It is a branch of the Gyeonggi-do Office of Education. Feel free to browse around our website here to get a better idea of what goes on.
We are looking for a professional, enthusiastic, and highly-qualified native English instructor to join our already very professional, enthusiastic, and highly-qualified team.
You can view the full job posting here, and read the description below.
- Location: Gyeonggi-do Institute for Language Education (webpage: www.gifle.go.kr)
2.Address: #40 Anhyunroseo 1gil, Anjung-eup, Pyeongtaek-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea, 17816
3. Start Date: March 1, 2022
4. Position: Native English Speaking Teacher
5. Job Description
-Develop curriculum and materials to teach English related training programs and provide administrative support for those programs
-Engage in tasks and create materials related to foreign language education for Gyeonggi-do Office of Education
-Participate in educational activities in local communities and schools regarding foreign languages
-Present and participate in workshops, seminars, and conferences related to foreign languages
-Provide administrative support in educational departments in GIFLE
-Support other designated tasks from the director of GIFLE
6. Work Conditions
-5 days a week, Monday to Friday, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
(Lunch break between 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.)
-Work is required on some nights and Saturdays throughout the year
-Starting wage is 2,700,000 won plus a rural allowance of 100,000 won per month.
– 26 days of paid holidays during non-teaching periods
– One-time settlement allowance of 300,000 won
– 1,300,000 won entry allowance if flying in from your country
(Not valid for F visa holders)
– 50% of health insurance
– On campus furnished housing (Pets not allowed)
7. Minimum Qualifications
– A Bachelor’s degree in any subject and a minimum of 4 years of full-time English teaching experience (Hagwons and/or private institutes will not be counted)
– A Bachelor’s degree in any subject with teaching certificate or teaching license in native country and a minimum of 3 years of full-time English teaching experience (Hagwons and/or private institutes will not be counted)
– A Bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree related to English, Education, and/or Linguistics and a minimum of 2 years of full-time English teaching experience (Hagwons and/or private institutes will not be counted).
* Experience must be verifiable through letters from employers or certificates of employment.
** We will not reply to those who do not meet the requirements.
8. Hiring Process
– Stage One: Document Screening
– Stage Two: Interview and Demo Lesson via Skype or Zoom
9. How to Apply
If you wish to apply for the position, please submit the following by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. KST (Korean Standard Time) on January 5, 2022. All documents must be sent as pdf files.
1) GIFLE Application (downloadable via GIFLE’s website: www.gifle.go.kr)
2) Personal Information Collection and Usage Agreement (downloadable via GIFLE’s
3) Resume or Curriculum Vitae
4) Copies of College/University Diploma(s) and Transcript(s)
5) Two Letters of Recommendation
6) Copy of Employment Verification Letter(s)
7) Sample Lesson Plan & Curriculum you have created in the past (Use Lesson Plan Template
downloadable via GIFLE’s website: http://www.gifle.go.kr)
Successful applicants will also be required to submit the following: (These do not need to be submitted at the time of application)
- Copy of passport
- Copy of Alien Registration Card (ARC) if applicable
- Copy of National Criminal Background Check with apostille
- Copy of college/university degree(s) with apostille
10. Additional Notes
– Interview candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of the application closing date.
– Failure to provide the relevant paperwork in a timely manner may be grounds to cease the application process.
– Any questions or inquiries about the application or the position, please contact Ms. Hojin Lee at email@example.com or call 031-680-3626 during business hours.