Currently, we don’t have any open positions at GIFLE. We’ll update this page as we need to hire new instructors, coordinators, and more to come on board and work with us.
We’re hiring for a native English-speaking instructor at the Gyeonggi-do Institute for Language Education (GIFLE).
GIFLE is a government supported teacher-training and and professional development institute. It is a branch of the Gyeonggi-do Office of Education. Feel free to browse around our website here to get a better idea of what goes on.
We are looking for a professional, enthusiastic, and highly-qualified native English instructor to join our already very professional, enthusiastic, and highly-qualified team.
You can view the full job posting here, and read the description below.
- Location: Gyeonggi-do Institute for Language Education (webpage: www.gifle.go.kr)
2.Address: #40 Anhyunroseo 1gil, Anjung-eup, Pyeongtaek-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea, 17816
3. Start Date: March 1, 2022
4. Position: Native English Speaking Teacher
5. Job Description
-Develop curriculum and materials to teach English related training programs and provide administrative support for those programs
-Engage in tasks and create materials related to foreign language education for Gyeonggi-do Office of Education
-Participate in educational activities in local communities and schools regarding foreign languages
-Present and participate in workshops, seminars, and conferences related to foreign languages
-Provide administrative support in educational departments in GIFLE
-Support other designated tasks from the director of GIFLE
6. Work Conditions
-5 days a week, Monday to Friday, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
(Lunch break between 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.)
-Work is required on some nights and Saturdays throughout the year
-Starting wage is 2,700,000 won plus a rural allowance of 100,000 won per month.
– 26 days of paid holidays during non-teaching periods
– One-time settlement allowance of 300,000 won
– 1,300,000 won entry allowance if flying in from your country
(Not valid for F visa holders)
– 50% of health insurance
– On campus furnished housing (Pets not allowed)
7. Minimum Qualifications
– A Bachelor’s degree in any subject and a minimum of 4 years of full-time English teaching experience (Hagwons and/or private institutes will not be counted)
– A Bachelor’s degree in any subject with teaching certificate or teaching license in native country and a minimum of 3 years of full-time English teaching experience (Hagwons and/or private institutes will not be counted)
– A Bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree related to English, Education, and/or Linguistics and a minimum of 2 years of full-time English teaching experience (Hagwons and/or private institutes will not be counted).
* Experience must be verifiable through letters from employers or certificates of employment.
** We will not reply to those who do not meet the requirements.
8. Hiring Process
– Stage One: Document Screening
– Stage Two: Interview and Demo Lesson via Skype or Zoom
9. How to Apply
If you wish to apply for the position, please submit the following by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. KST (Korean Standard Time) on January 5, 2022. All documents must be sent as pdf files.
1) GIFLE Application (downloadable via GIFLE’s website: www.gifle.go.kr)
2) Personal Information Collection and Usage Agreement (downloadable via GIFLE’s
3) Resume or Curriculum Vitae
4) Copies of College/University Diploma(s) and Transcript(s)
5) Two Letters of Recommendation
6) Copy of Employment Verification Letter(s)
7) Sample Lesson Plan & Curriculum you have created in the past (Use Lesson Plan Template
downloadable via GIFLE’s website: http://www.gifle.go.kr)
Successful applicants will also be required to submit the following: (These do not need to be submitted at the time of application)
- Copy of passport
- Copy of Alien Registration Card (ARC) if applicable
- Copy of National Criminal Background Check with apostille
- Copy of college/university degree(s) with apostille
10. Additional Notes
– Interview candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of the application closing date.
– Failure to provide the relevant paperwork in a timely manner may be grounds to cease the application process.
– Any questions or inquiries about the application or the position, please contact Ms. Hojin Lee at email@example.com or call 031-680-3626 during business hours.